It's hard knowing what to do when you're about to adopt. But, we make this process even easier when you adopt with us, because we have trained staff that will go over every possible question or concern you and your family might have on introducing your newest pal to the family.
We know you've always wanted a four legged member in your family.. And now's the time friends! We are here to help you get ready for your new family member, as soon as you're ready to take the big plunge. Owning an animal is, after all, one of the most gratifying things you can do.
support Metairie Humane Shelter -- shop smile.amazon https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-4330206
** ADOPTION PROCESS:
1) Call Jami at 504-458-0531 to make an appointment for
a Meet & Greet with the dog(s) you are interested in
adopting. NO TEXT OR EMAILS, please.
2) Have the Meet & Greet
- Due to covid-19, Metairie Humane will do Meet &
Greets with our dogs outside in our Bark Park
by appointment only.
3) Complete the Questionnaire & Adoption Application
4) Metairie Humane vets potential Adoptee
5) Adoption Committee meets once a week to review
vetted Adoption Applications
6) Metairie Humane will notify the party if their
Adoption Application has been approved
7) An appointment will be set up to:
- Complete the Adoption Agreement
- Pay the adoption fee
- Review your new pet's medical information
- Answer questions you may have
- Take your new pet companion home
"connecting humans with pet companions, destined to be a lifetime love affair"
METAIRIE HUMANE SHELTER
We work hard to make sure that we take care of all of our pets here at METAIRIE HUMANE SHELTER. But, unfortunately we can't do it without people like you and your donations of time and money. So, if you ever feel like you want to be a part of our family and help some of the best animals around, check us out.